DeKalb County Jury Convicts Stone Mountain Man of Murdering Brother

DeKalb County Jury Convicts Stone Mountain Man of Murdering Brother

DeKalb County District Attorney Sherry Boston announced a conviction by jury trial in the case against Quentin Hill, a 31-year-old Stone Mountain resident, for the murder of his younger brother, Westley Hill, during a dispute over a fan.

On Friday, Quentin Hill was found guilty on charges of Malice Murder, Felony Murder, Aggravated Assault, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony. The conviction stems from the events of December 31, 2021, when officers responded to a call of a person shot at a home on the 4700 block of Lost Colony Court in Stone Mountain around 4 a.m. Upon arrival, officers found Westley Hill, 28, lying on the living room floor with gunshot wounds.

Witnesses reported that Quentin Hill shot his brother and fled in their mother’s car. A witness, who was in a bedroom at the time, heard the gunshots. The brothers’ mother, who was present in the house, stated that the dispute over the fan escalated when Quentin grabbed a gun. She attempted to de-escalate the situation, but after initially putting the gun down and going outside, Quentin returned and fired the fatal shots. Westley Hill was shot twice and succumbed to his injuries.

On February 5, 2022, the vehicle Quentin Hill used to flee was found back at the house. His mother informed officers that Quentin had left the car elsewhere and that she had been driving it. She did not know his whereabouts. On March 29, 2022, Quentin Hill turned himself in, urged by his mother.

The trial was presided over by DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Tangela Barrie. Sentencing for Quentin Hill will be scheduled in the coming weeks.

The case was prosecuted by Senior Assistant District Attorney Tauri Thomas, with assistance from Assistant District Attorney Emily Donkervoet, District Attorney Investigator Christopher Hollowood, and Supervising Victim Advocate Ikwo Nyong. Former DeKalb County Police Department Detective J.B. Williams, now an investigator with the DA’s Office, led the initial investigation.

Leave a Reply