Pedestrian Killed After Being Struck by 18-Wheeler on I-475 in Macon
MACON, Ga. – A 29-year-old man was killed Wednesday morning after being struck by an 18-wheeler while crossing Interstate 475 in Macon, according to the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office.
The fatal collision happened shortly before 7 a.m. in the southbound lanes of I-475 near the Zebulon Road exit.
Investigators said 29-year-old Charles Anthony Palmer was attempting to cross the interstate when he was struck by an 18-wheeler driven by a 53-year-old man.
According to the sheriff’s office, Palmer was wearing dark clothing at the time of the collision.
Deputy Coroner Leon Jones confirmed Palmer’s identity and said his next of kin has been notified.
Authorities have not released additional details about why Palmer was attempting to cross the interstate or where he had been immediately before the collision. No charges have been announced against the truck driver.
The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the circumstances surrounding the fatal crash.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office at 478-751-7500 and ask to speak with a Fatality Investigator.
