Man Arrested After Threatening Mass Shooting Outside Atlanta Nightclub

Man Arrested After Threatening Mass Shooting Outside Atlanta Nightclub

ATLANTA, Georgia – An intoxicated man was arrested early Valentine’s Day morning after allegedly making threats to “shoot people up” outside an Atlanta nightclub, according to police.

On February 14, 2026, at approximately 2:37 a.m., Atlanta police officers working an approved off-duty assignment at a nightclub located at 330 Edgewood Avenue SE observed a physical altercation taking place inside the business.

Officers entered the establishment in an attempt to de-escalate the situation as security staff escorted the accused, identified as Andre Anthony (born January 1992), out of the club.

Once outside, Anthony told officers he had been assaulted inside the venue. Police said his brother attempted to calm him and convince him to leave, but Anthony refused and continued making threatening statements while visibly intoxicated. Investigators say he allegedly threatened to “shoot people up.”

According to police, Anthony then walked to his vehicle in the parking lot, opened the trunk, and retrieved a firearm.

Officers immediately confronted him and issued loud verbal commands ordering him to drop the weapon. Anthony complied, placing the firearm on the hood of his vehicle, and was taken into custody without incident.

Anthony was arrested and charged with Terroristic Threats and transported to the Fulton County Jail.

Police noted the information released is preliminary and may change as the investigation continues.

Leave a Reply